“Meeting in 10 minutes”. Does this message from your boss mean that the entire team has to gather in the same conference room? Not really! Gone are the days when meetings happened with everyone sitting in the same room. The current office and business sphere have evolved enough to let us work from any corner of the world, which also means that we can now attend meeting from anywhere – office, home, hotel, airport, park, coffee shop etc. However, to make this interesting and flexible mode of workstyle a reality, you need to have one or a combination of the following video conferencing tools in place –
- Skype– For its user-friendly interface and host of features, Skype has gained enough popularity to become synonymous with video conferencing. Skype is equipped with user-friendly features of communication like text, voice, and video calls, thereby making it a tool that can be used beyond just video conferencing. Skype can be used on your phone, computer or even on TV thus adding to its flexibility for holding or attending a video conference. The latest version of Skype has advanced features like group video, WiFi accessibility, and more. Also, Skype is now a part of Microsoft, making it an even more desirable office tool to have your entire network of workers, partners, and customers together in a more efficient way.
- Hangouts– Hangouts is one of the communication tools by Google allowing for conversation via texting and video calling. It is equipped for individual and group communication (up to 10 members) too. Another feature about Hangouts is that you can broadcast your live hangout with Hangouts on air that will get uploaded to your YouTube channel. The best part about Google Hangouts is that you don’t have to install any third party app or software to use it, as is the case for most of the video conferencing tools. And as most Android devices these days come preinstalled with this app, all you need to do is sign up for Gmail or Google+ and start using Hangouts loaded with all the features, and all of it for free.
- Zoom– Zoom is a tool that allows for an integrated video conferencing experience encompassing cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution. With Zoom, you get to easily hold or attend a meeting from your desktop, mobile device, or conference room. This tool is applicable across various platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems. Zoom is loaded with features like high definition sound and visual quality, voice detection, seamless screen sharing, whiteboard, keyboard and mouse control, group collaboration and much more. The best feature of Zoom is that you can join a meeting in four different ways: join by Zoom Rooms, join as the view-only attendee, join by H.323/SIP room systems or join by telephone dial-in.
- FaceTime– If you are a Mac or iOS user, FaceTime proves to be an excellent tool for video conferencing. With it, you can make high-quality video calls for free. But the only hitch is that the functionality of this app is limited to only iOS platforms.
- Viber– Started as a mobile phone app, Viber can now be used on Windows PC and Mac too. It is one of the first applications that initiated Wi-Fi calls. Viber can be used for text, voice and video communication. You can make free voice and video calls using Viber. Like other apps, Viber too has to be installed in the devices of both the sender and the receiver. Viber allows for a distraction-free video conferencing because it is completely free from advertisements.
- GoToMeeting– All good things come with a price, and so does GoToMeeting! Even though GoToMeeting isn’t a free service app, yet it is one of the best tools for video conferencing. With a monthly subscription, make the most of all the features of GoToMeeting such as unlimited meetings with up to 25 members participating in a video conference; HD quality audio and video output; multiple platform functionality supporting Mac, Windows PC, iOS and Android devices; single click screen sharing, keyboard or mouse control sharing, draw and highlight on screen; along with many additional features. Alongside GoToMeeting that is exclusively for video conferencing, GoToWebinarand GoToTraining is for conducting webinars and online training sessions respectively.
- Webex– Webex is one of the most trusted and widely used tools in the genre of video conferencing. Depending on your usability you can either opt for free usage that supports online meetings for a small three-member team or a paid monthly subscription that allows for online meetings with up to 8 members. Webex comes with a helpful feature of ‘Call me’ that reminds you of your scheduled meeting time. Once you enter your phone number, you will receive a reminder call at the time of the meeting. The other features are high audio and video quality, easy file and screen sharing, easy switching between files, online whiteboard to note important points during the meeting, and highlight important parts of documents that are being shared at the meeting. Most enterprises use Webex as their tool of choice.
Well then, go ahead and make the most of these video conferencing tools for a more flexible work structure, so that you can enjoy your day by being ‘out-of-the-walls’!
Making choices isn’t easy. That’s why in addition to a comprehensive productivity and collaboration experience, Zapty offers Zoom, Hangouts, Skype and FaceTime integration to users on our platform.
It’s time to bring video conferencing directly to your collaboration tool: